Sunday, May 29, 2011

Serge Gainsbourg, bad dance moves etc..

What inspired me to put this up was an injury, when injured I listen to a lot of music and make myself busy around my apt. doing chores etc.  I also read a lot, particularly back issues of magazines I subscribe to or buy regularly.

I often check out waxpoetics magazine, among others regarding vinyl collecting in a vain hope to expose myself to new stuff I did not think of purchasing (in my epic knowledge ;P) and what have you.  I don't think Serge Gainsbourg is a name many of ya'll haven't heard of, but how about this video?  This is one of many reasons I appreciate waxpoetics tv...  Randomness is glorious occasionally...



Interesting dance moves eh?  In regards to any advice on records that are good at soothing an injured body and mind, that is kind of personal I'd say..  If you aren't sure what you want to hear during down times may I suggest two worthwhile musical sources?..  I needed music that provided quality background soundtracks for my busywork and these worked...  While both vary in what they provide, so far they have given me a plethora of proper distractions..

Soma FM - A San Fransisco based independent collection of internet radio stations that are also available on the iPhone too as a $5.00 Ap.

Stones Throw Records Podcasts - If you don't know what this is, I'm really not sure what to say, but by all means check it out.  Seriously, you haven't heard of this?

Also, I discovered this a LONNNNGGG time ago, it really is in no way relaxing but it is kind of fun to browse through in one's bored times..  I'm not sure it's "cool" and I don't really care, as a kid I loved checking out Red Grooms exhibits, this reminds me of his stuff, only with car parts as dj's..  Introducing UJino Works if ya'll ain't heard of it..  Weird yeah, but look who tf is posting this..

An example:



-仁子良寿

No comments:

cloaked counter